The Interreg V-A Greece-Italy Program focuses on the following three priorities:
A) Innovation and competitiveness
This priority also aims to link investment in Research and Innovation (R&D) with SMEs to create a strong export-based economy. One way to achieve this is to stimulate the commitment to innovation among SMEs, as they form the main business activity in the area covered by the program. The program focuses specifically on growth sectors with the highest potential for job creation such as agricultural enterprises, blue growth, tourism, cultural heritage and the cultural and creative sectors.
B) Integrated environmental management
This priority aims to facilitate the development and implementation of common approaches to environmental management, to support the promotion of cultural and natural heritage, and to commit to common dynamics and responsibilities in the field of environmental protection and risk prevention.
C) Multimodal sustainable transport system
This priority aims to promote investment in meeting the needs for better regional and cross-border connectivity in the area covered by the program, access to transport infrastructure, coordination of cross-border transport systems and procedures, regional, national and cross-border planning and promotion of an efficient and environmentally friendly transport system.
Some of the expected results:
- Support for 20 innovative structures and networks
- Support of 15 knowledge transfer structures and networks for small and medium enterprises
- Launch of several programs focusing on the preservation and promotion of the area through the sustainable exploitation of the existing natural and cultural heritage
- Establishment of 12 cross-border structures and networks in the field of environmental technologies
- Support of 10 cross-border structures and networks in sustainable maritime cross-border mobility and transport
- Support of 5 structures and networks in the field of ecofriendly mobility and transport
Table 1. Basic information of the Interreg V-A Greece Italy 2014-2020 program
Title:Transnational Cooperation Program "Interreg V-A Greece Italy 2014-2020"
1- Innovation and competitiveness
2- Integrated environmental management
3- Multimodal sustainable transport system
Potential Beneficiaries: Public bodies, Regions, Local Government, Universities, Chambers, Port Organizations, Development Companies, Research-Technological bodies, SMEs etc.
Eligible Countries: Greece, Italy
Eligible Areas of Greece: Epirus, Ionian Islands, Western Greece, Puglia
85% EU contribution: 104,700,362 €
15% OP budget: € 18,476,534